PLEASE create only one membership record. If you have duplicate records in the CCHAL database, you won’t be able to log on to the website. Can’t remember if you’ve already registered? Just go to the Manage Your Membership link to find out: https://calhomelaw.org/my-account/ Use this link to edit your membership in the future.
Join as a CCHAL Online Member — for Free!
Online membership is FREE! As an online member, you will have access to additional pages on the CCHAL website, including the “Media Archive” section. Once you provide your email address and create a password, you will be taken back to the page you were reading.
If you want to access the small claims court lawsuits filed by homeowners, then become a Contributing Member! It’s worth the nominal investment. These are successful lawsuits filed by homeowners who challenged association elections or demanded access to records.
The membership data you provide when registering is secure: we do not sell, trade, or loan your personal information to anyone, including other nonprofit agencies like our own.
Join as an “Online Member” for free
Join As a Contributing Member!
Join the hundreds of law firms, fair housing advocates, attorneys, and homeowners who make it possible for the Center to offer its services and to maintain the website. View the Center’s list of donors HERE.
Join as a Contributing Member — It’s worth the nominal investment!
- $35 for 1-year single
- $50 for 2-year single
- $45 for 1-year family/dual household
- $60 for 2-year family/dual household
- $50 for 1-year Nonprofit Organization
- $70 for 2-year Nonprofit Organization
The Center for California Homeowner Association Law (CCHAL) is a statewide 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting homeowners living in California associations. JOIN THIS CAMPAIGN TO PROTECT HOMEOWNERS!
Membership contributions to the Center are fully tax-deductible.
Membership benefits include
- Access to CCHAL website pages on small claims court procedures
- Access to a special area of the CCHAL website where small claims court lawsuits filed by homeowners have been posted. These are successful small claims court suits challenging election results and getting access to HOA records.
- A copy of the CD: “Filing in California Small Claims Court”
- Small Claims Court: A Guide to its Practical Use, a booklet published by the California Department of Consumer Affairs
- Sample complaints to the California State Bar and to the Better Business Bureau; legal opinion on HOA election laws from Orange County Legal Aid; sample payment plans forced on homeowners by HOA debt collectors; guides for filing suits in small claims court; fair housing court cases and complaints. A detailed of documents that are currently available to Contributing Members is found at this LINK TO CONTRIBUTING MEMBER DOCUMENTS. Members will be notified as new documents are added to the list.
- Chapter V from Todd Weinfield’s book: Internet Guide to Beating City Hall (and Homeowner Associations. Posted on the website, the chapter includes model demand letters to use when writing an association board.)
- Reduced rates at CCHAL workshops and conferences
- One-on-one problem-solving strategy consultation with CCHAL regarding a personal question or problem.
For a small investment, you can help the Center to protect you and other homeowners by becoming a full-fledged member of CCHAL. Click on the link below to see the membership categories.
Already a Contributing Member? Then consider becoming an ANGEL, GUARDIAN ANGEL, OR ARCHANGEL of the Center by making a voluntary donation in addition to your membership contribution.
Center for California Homeowner Association Law
3758 Grand Avenue, Suite 56
Oakland, California 94612
Phone: (510) 388.1426
Fax: (510) 272-0529