Introduction to Filing Complaints


Filing a complaint means asking a government agency – like the State Contractors License Board or a Fair Housing nonprofit – to help resolve a dispute.  Homeowners can file complaints against the developer, against the association itself or one of its vendors, e.g. the property manager or the association’s debt collector.  Depending on the nature of the issue, the complaint can be filed with city or county government, with state or federal agencies, or with a trade association like the Better Business Bureau.   

This content is available for

Online Members.

Login with your username or email address
To Unlock The Content!
or Join as a Online Member — for Free!

  1. Home
  2. /
  3. Resolving Disputes
  4. /
  5. Introduction to Filing Complaints